Kitchen Exhaust Systems Cleaning
Regular maintenance of the kitchen exhaust system is one of the primary defenses against fire hazards, and will produce a cleaner, cooler kitchen and working environment for the staff.
Why it’s cleaned
According to the National Fire Protection Association, the majority of restaurant fires originate on the surface of kitchen cooking appliances and spreads into the kitchen exhaust system. Regular maintenance of a restaurant's kitchen exhaust system is one of the primary defenses against fire hazards. By keeping these systems working at their best, they will evacuate the smoke and grease out of the building and produce a cleaner, cooler kitchen and better working environment for staff.
With 54% of all restaurant fires starting in the kitchen, it is more important than ever to make sure the exhaust is cleaned by properly trained, qualified and certified professional.
The Headaches an Exhaust System Can Cause
Many of the most common complaints from chefs and kitchen staff are related to a problem with the function of the kitchen exhaust system. Issues with excessive heat, smoke buildup, dripping grease, excessive odors can all be directly related to the exhaust system. These represent some of the daily annoyances that Guardian Services can professionally address, helping your staff to work comfortably and effectively throughout their shift.
Our Cleaning Process
Guardian Services uses time tested, industry standard cleaning techniques to clean the entire exhaust system. This means the proper cleaning of the exhaust hood, all ductwork (horizontal and vertical), and the exhaust fans, thoroughly. This is the only method which insures compliance with fire code requirements and protection from the threat of exhaust system fires. Guardian technicians begin the cleaning by draping your kitchen area and equipment with new, clean plastic. Next we place a funnel of plastic under the hood which drains into a custom built filtration barrel which contains the grease buildup removed from the system. This mean it does not go down your floor drains.
Our technicians will use a combination of chemical degreaser, scrubbing, and power washing to remove the grease buildup from the hood, duct, and exhaust fan of your exhaust system. This cleaning also includes any baffle filters in your system as well. Once the cleaning portion of the service is complete, we dry and polish your exhaust hood and reinstall the baffle filters. Finally, we clean up all areas serviced by removing plastic draping, and wiping down surfaces, and mopping floors.
Our Promise: “THE GUARDIAN GUARANTEE”
Guardian guarantees that every service we perform will satisfy all local municipal regulations, if not; Guardian will take responsibility for any fines or penalties (specific to the kitchen exhaust system) imposed by enforcing officials.
Rules and Guidelines
- All services must be current, past due equipment is exempted.
- Only equipment serviced by Guardian Technicians is covered by this guarantee.
- Customer account balance must be current.
- Guardian Technicians must be allowed to complete the full scheduled service.
Additional Services Included at no Extra Cost
- Photo documentation of each and every service performed (before and after), photos will be archived and supplied by request.
- Each service, all fans (exhaust and make-up) will be checked for proper performance, and belts and balance issues will be addressed by Guardian Technicians once approved.
- Air balance testing for any facility where a potential imbalance is suspected or a test is requested.
- Your facility will be supplied with an exhaust system plan for reference use; this plan will be used by Guardian Technicians to insure complete system servicing