Regular and thorough maintenance of the kitchen exhaust duct and vent hood system is one of the primary defenses against fire hazards; and will produce a cleaner, safer, and cooler kitchen and working environment for the staff.
Why it’s Cleaned
According to the National Fire Protection Association, the majority of restaurant fires originate on the surface of kitchen cooking appliances and spreads into the kitchen exhaust system. Regular maintenance of a restaurant's kitchen exhaust system is one of the primary defenses against fire hazards. By keeping these systems working at their best, they will evacuate the smoke and grease out of the building and produce a safer kitchen and comfortable working environment for staff.
With 54% of all restaurant fires starting in the kitchen, it is more important than ever to make sure the exhaust is cleaned by properly trained, qualified and certified professional.
What does "Clean" Look Like?
Guardian Services definition of clean is simple, no grease. From the example below you will see what we expect from our Technicians at each and every service.
Vent hood and exhaust duct system emergencies don't just occur during daytime business hours. Guardian's field supervisors are available 24/7 - 365 through our after hours emergency line. If it breaks, we can fix it. This includes fan belts, fan motor replacement, electrical issues, and filtration failures. We understand the critical role your exhaust hoods play in keeping your kitchen cool and clear of smoke, this is why we have a "fix it first" attitude. Our Supervisors will take all reasonable steps to quickly get your systems up and running, and we'll sort out the who, what, when later. We like to call this our "Up Time Promise".
Our Exhaust Cleaning Process
Guardian Services uses time tested, industry leading techniques to clean the entire kitchen exhaust system top to bottom. We leave your kitchen cleaner than we found it.
Approach and Project Management
Guardian’s cleaning process begins with a system assessment to determine the best cleaning methods to use in order to protect the building occupants and equipment. Protective plastic sheeting is used to cover all vulnerable surfaces. All access points are re-sealed, per code, the system’s performance is checked and our technicians remove all the protective covers. Photo documentation is provided for all projects to document the before and after condition of the system and ensure all areas are properly serviced. Additional cleanliness testing can be performed where required. All Guardian customers will be given access to our customer portal system. The portal is open 24/7 for customers to access their documentation, scheduling, and photos.
Our Promise: “THE GUARDIAN GUARANTEE”
Guardian guarantees that every service we perform will satisfy all local municipal regulations, if not; Guardian will take responsibility for any fines or penalties (specific to the kitchen exhaust system) imposed by enforcing officials.
Rules and Guidelines
- All services must be current, past due equipment is exempted.
- Only equipment serviced by Guardian Technicians is covered by this guarantee.
- Customer account balance must be current.
- Guardian Technicians must be allowed to complete the full scheduled service.
Additional Services Included at no Extra Cost
- Photo documentation of each and every service performed (before and after), photos will be uploaded to your custom portal account and available 24/7 for review.
- Each service, all fans (exhaust and make-up) will be checked for proper performance, and belts and balance issues will be addressed by Guardian Technicians at no added charge.
- Customer Portal Account Access - where you can view all paperwork and service photos 24/7..
- Your facility will be supplied with a detailed exhaust system survey for reference use; this information will be used by Guardian Technicians to insure complete system servicing.